12.9.14

Helping Dora Burns for her IN:SITE Project


Work by Dora Burns
Photo by Honami Nishii


I've been to Birmingham this week for the first time!
It was for helping my friend Dora Burns to make her site specific work at Birmingham Cathedral.
About the work please have a look at IN:SITE Festival.

Since this August I've been living in her place in London and Sussex, Dora and me are now family and co-workers in her garage. I was very happy to be involved to her project as an assistant.

I thought I was always an independent worker, not keen to team-work. But this time I'm learning a lot from her, liking team-work and our improvised uniform!

Honami and Dora in their uniform at the printing Stand

Dora checking resist print on fabric before indigo dyeing

We ombre-d our aprons in the end.